This luxurious owner-managed Game Lodge truly lives up to the essence of its name which means “a gift from God” in Tswana and boasts eight elevated glass-fronted luxury chalets and two deluxe chalets. The beautifully decorated thatched chalets are all located to maximise your solitude and your vistas of the parade of resident game making their way to and from the waterhole.
Each standard chalet has twin beds with the option of king-sized bed available on request, a fireplace, full en-suite bathroom, outdoor shower, mini-bar, safe, tea/coffee making facilities, air-conditioning, and a covered deck.
The opulent deluxe unit has two en-suite bedrooms, each with a private patio and en-suite bathroom with indoor and outdoor showers, double hand basin, and oversized bath and provides all the amenities found in the standard luxury chalets.
In addition, this spacious unit also has a central lounge, dining room, kitchen, and bar opening onto an extended wooden deck which features a refreshing plunge pool. Visitors staying in the deluxe suites also have the exclusive use of a game drive vehicle at their disposal as well as the services of a dedicated chef.
Impodimo’s main building is done out in the same contemporary Afro-centric style as the chalets and is the hub of this magnificent Game Lodge. Here you will find an intimate sitting room, bar area with a stunning circular fireplace as its central point, a cosy library, well-stocked wine cellar, and curio shop.
Scrumptious breakfasts and lunches are typically served in the pool Lapa while high teas are hosted al fresco in a spot overlooking Madikwe’s expansive terrain. Come dinnertime the traditional firelit Boma is the perfect place to experience Impodimo’s delectable Pan-African cuisine and swap tales of your close encounters with Africa’s big game.
If you’re in need of some tranquility, why not retire to the crystal-clear pool or seek refuge in the Sala which lies adjacent to the waterhole. Or complete your day in the great outdoors with an indulgent in-room massage by one of Impodimo’s professional massage therapists.
Impodimo Game Lodge is set up to offer guests the chance to discover all the wonders and wildlife that make Madikwe a world-acclaimed reserve. Activities include dawn and dusk game drives in open Landrovers and nature trails under the supervision of professional field guides and experienced Shangaan trackers.
The late afternoon safari drive includes a sundowner stop, giving you the opportunity to watch the sun go down on another fabulous day in this wilderness idyll and observe the more elusive nocturnal bird- and wildlife. And in the cooler winter months, the Lodge provides visitors full-day trips to the other side of Madikwe Game Reserve, including a tasty picnic lunch.
While junior visitors under the age of six are not permitted on the regular game drives, Impodimo does have a “bush bumble” for the children. What’s more, each youngster will receive a personalized welcome pack with goodies and activities to do inbetween their mini-safaris. In addition, the Lodge does provide babysitting services on request.
However, you wish to spend your time, Impodimo Game Lodge is geared to make your dream of a once-in- a-lifetime African safari a reality without comprising on life’s luxuries.
|Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to availability|
|Details||1 Apr 2018
to 30 Nov 2018
|1 Dec 2018
to 19 Dec 2018
|Luxury Suites Per Person Per Night Sharing||R5 670||R6 230|
|Family Safari Suite (4 adults & 2 kids)||R29 870||R32 860|
|Deluxe Safari Suite (4 adults)||R32 930||R35 650|
|Details||20 Dec 2018
to 5 Jan 2019
|6 Jan 2019
to 30 Nov 2019
|Luxury Suites Per Person Per Night Sharing||R6 885||R6 230|
|Family Safari Suite (4 adults & 2 kids)||R36 170||R32 860|
|Deluxe Safari Suite (4 adults)||R39 225||R35 650|
note that our gate times are between 06:00am and 21:00 pm and cannot be
opened unless its a medical emergency
|Carved from the hillside, eight glass fronted luxury chalets line a natural spring, each enjoying striking views either from within or from the outdoor shower. The lodge enjoys spectacular vistas extending as far as the eye can see, your choice may be to visit in summer and laze on the pool deck with a chilled chardonnay. Or maybe a winter safari - retire to the library with a cognac or stoke the fire in your suite, gaze out at the stars before drifting away with vivid images of unrestricted close encounters with Africa's big game.|
|22 beds in 10 suites presented as|
|Each Standard suite features||► Two Deluxe suites in combination feature|
|| All inclusions in Standard Suites and
R 3,265.00 Per Person Per Night sharing
Subject to availability
– 50%of the per person sharing rate.
Children – 50% of the per person sharing rate when sharing with two adults.
Additional children under 12 years sharing with adults in Deluxe Safari Suite will be charged 50% of the Standard Suite sharing rate .
- Standard Suites - Accommodation, all meals, teas & snacks, local drinks on safaris and 2 daily safari activities.
- Family Safari Suite - As above and full use of the unit & sole use of safari vehicle with your private ranger and tracker.
- Deluxe Safari Suite - - As above with family safari suite, including a private chef, with all meals catered for in the unit.
- Park entrance fees as determined by North West Parks & Tourism Board, which may be subject to change without notice, select premium brand drinks, bed levy of R 5.70 per person per night (subject to change without notice) and items of a personal nature. Please note a surcharge may apply to certain dietary requirements.
Fully Inclusive Supplement available on request – per person, per night – local drinks only.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
A non-refundable 20% deposit is required to confirm any reservation. Full payment of the balance is due 7 days prior to guests arrival, unless the booking is made within 30 days, in which case full payment will be required to confirm the reservation. The following cancellation terms and conditions will apply to reservations which are cancelled in part or in full as follows;
- 45 and 31 days prior to arrival – Forfeit deposit
- 30 and 15 days prior to arrival – 50% of the total amount will be due.
- 14 and 0 days prior to arrival – 90% of the total amount will be due.
- Children under the age of 12 are permitted on safari at the sole discretion of the manager or guide.
- Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on safari, and where possible, a kiddies safari will be arranged between normal safari times.
- The lodge reserves the right to impose similar restrictions for family unit guests if it is believed that safety may be compromised.
- Baby sitting facilities can be arranged at the lodge at an additional charge.
A minimum of 2 nights stay is required over weekends, long weekends and public holidays.
Rise in the morning to an African dawn and enjoy an early morning game drive with your dedicated professional ranger. Relax as your ranger guides you through the bush on a custom made open Landrover, searching out the Big 5 or the smaller secrets of nature. Set out on a foot safari with your armed ranger and learn the secrets of tracking African game or just enjoy the trees, birds and stunning scenery. Return from the excitement of the bush to a sumptuous breakfast or brunch and then relax at the pool or the sala overlooking the waterhole where game may come to quench their thirst. In the afternoon, when the heat of the African sun has diminished and the shadows are longer, head out again on a sundowner safari, where you will stop to watch the sun set on this bushveld paradise and enjoy your favorite sundowner drink.
Once the sun has set and darkness descends, set off again for a night safari where the more nocturnal creatures now rule the bush. Return to the lodge where you will be treated to the finest Pan-African cuisine with your hosts in the open air boma, and share your days adventures, while you enjoy a night cap around the fire. This is a typical day here at Impodimo where your safari experience will unfold. All our rangers are highly qualified and experienced, and undergo regular evaluations and ongoing training to ensure that they are up to our very high standards.
|► Lodge Features|
|► Travelling by Road|
- Drive from Johannesburg to Magaliesburg along the N14 and the R 24.
- From Magaliesburg, take the R509 through Derby to Koster (69km)
- Turn right in Koster to Swartruggens. (34km)
- Continue straight through Swartruggens towards Groot Marico and Zeerust. You do not actually pass through the town of Groot Marico
- After entering Zeerust, keep straight on until you see a sign for Gaberone / Madikwe Game Reserve. Turn right there.
- Continue on this road through 2 rural villages and past Madikwe Road Takeaways (a store and filling station) and past Nietverdiend (a store, filling station and police station).
- Continue on this road past the Abjagterskop Gate for Madikwe Game Reserve on your right. (Thatched entrance with flags etc.) for 7km.
- 7 km past the Abjagterskop Gate, you will find another gate (Wonderboom gate) on the Right into the park. We will meet you here.