Rhulani Safari Lodge can sleep a maximum of 18 visitors in seven standard thatched chalets and two luxury thatched chalets which can be combined to form a family unit.
The beautifully-appointed chalets have all been carefully set to ensure you enjoy complete seclusion and unrestricted views of the active waterhole from your raised wooden patio or private plunge pool. Each standard chalet features a king-sized bed with a fireplace, full en-suite bathroom, outdoor shower, air-conditioning, fully-stocked mini-bar, safe, and a coffee/tea making station.
Rhulani’s main lodge building displays the same refined décor, earthy textures and rich palette inspired by the surrounding natural landscape which is evident throughout the luxury chalets. Here you can relax in the sitting room, dive into a good book from the library or hunt for a souvenir of your wilderness breakaway in the beautiful curio shop. The swimming pool zone is the perfect spot to escape the midday heat and savour the utter tranquility of this bushveld refuge with a refreshing drink in hand.
Come mealtimes, tuck into delectable local fare in the refined indoor dining area, under the magnificent African night skies alongside the roaring fire of the Boma. Or enjoy a romantic dinner for two on your chalet patio. Meals are complemented by a selection of world-class South African wines.
A sojourn to Rhulani Safari Lodge equals ample opportunities to experience the majesty of Big Five Madikwe Game Reserve. Activities include dawn and dusk game drives in open 4X4 vehicles, bush walks, birdwatching, and stargazing conducted by Rhulani’s certified guides.
For wildlife enthusiasts who are keen to support Madikwe’s conservation efforts, a chance to participate in exclusive activities – like rhino notching or buffalo collaring – can be arranged. For some indulgent downtime, treat yourself to a range of rejuvenating massages in the privacy of your chalet or on your patio.
Being a family-friendly establishment, Rhulani also offers a playroom where the children can spend some safe fun-time playing with the toys and art supplies or watching DVDs. In addition, the Lodge has a babysitting service for your peace-of- mind.
If it’s a first-class convention centre you’re looking for, Rhulani’s elegant conference facility is suited for small company retreats and seminars. The air-conditioned centre can host 30 delegates around an impressive leadwood table and provides AV equipment, stationery, and free internet. As Rhulani can only accommodate up to 18 visitors, overflow can be arranged at a neighbouring five-star safari lodge.
When it comes to organising a wedding celebration with a difference, Rhulani’s spectacular vistas, dedicated staff, and warm hospitality will ensure your big day is an occasion to remember forever.
- Check Rates
|Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rands • Subject to availability|
|Details||8 Apr 2018 to
13 Dec 2018
|14 Dec 2018 to
5 Jan 2019
|Luxury Private Chalet - Per Person Per Night Sharing||R5 505||R6 605|
|Luxury Family Suite (4 adults and 2 kids)||R27 540||R33 050|
|Details||6 Jan 2019 to
12 Dec 2019
|13 Dec 2019 to
4 Jan 2020
|Luxury Private Chalet - Per Person Per Night Sharing||R6 105||R7 320|
|Luxury Family Suite (4 adults and 2 kids)||R30 505||R 36 610|
Individual Rates 2018 (incl. Last Minute) (all values in ZAR)
|LUXURY PRIVATE CHALET
Rates are per person per night sharing, including VAT
except Peak Season
|Peak||14 Dec - 5 Jan 19||R6,240||R3,900|
- Single supplement: 50% of the per person sharing rate
- One extra bed (stretcher bed) for a child up to 15 years can be added.
- Children under the age of 6 years stay free of charge.
- Children between 6 and 15 years pay 50% of the adult rate when sharing the room with two adults
|LUXURY FAMILY UNIT
Rates are per person per night sharing, including VAT
except Peak Season
|Peak||14 Dec - 5 Jan 19||R31,200||R19,500|
- Bookings for one night on Fridays or Saturdays are only permitted no more than 5 days before the stay
- Peak Season: a minimum stay of 3 nights is required
Private ChaletRates are per person per night sharing, including VAT
Single supplement: 50% of the per person sharing rate
We accept a maximum of 1 (one) child sleeping in the Private Chalet on a stretcher bed;
- children between the ages of 0 and 5 years stay freeof charge;
- children between the ages of 6 and 15years pay 50% of the per person adult rate when sharing the room with two adults;
- children above 15 years sleep in their own room
- your estimated time of arrival and departure and mode of transpor
- any special dietary requirements
- a contact number while traveling
- the names of all the guests in the party
- the ages of children, if any
- rooming lists (Twin, double who sharing with who)
- any specific additional request (anniversaries, birthdays, honeymoon)
- Rates are for up to 4 adults and 2 children, including VAT
- Complimentary welcome drinks
- Luxury accommodation
- Free WiFi internet in your room and all lodge areas
- Stocked Nespresso coffee machine with complimentary tea & coffee in your room
- NEW from 1.1.2019: Well stocked minibar in your room
- 2 game drives of 3 - 3.5 hours each in an open game viewer, accompanied by a qualified ranger
- Complimentary sundowners on game drive
- All meals and snacks on a full board basis (includes breakfast / brunch, high tea, dinner, bottled water)
- NEW from 1.1.2019: Selected local drinks which includes a personal selection of house wines, spirits, soft drinks, tea’s and coffees
- Lunch on your day of arrival (upon request)
- Emergency Medical Assistance
- Pick-up and drop-off at Madikwe's Western airstrip
- Madikwe Game Reserve Gate Entry Fee: VAT inclusive, subject to change without prior notice.
- Madikwe Conservation Levy: VAT inclusive, subject to change without prior notice.
- All beverages not explicitly mentioned as included
- NEW from 1.1.2019: All premium rated wines, spirits and imported champagnes, cigars & cigarettes
- Massages, bushwalks, laundry, curios, excursions, private vehicle
- A minimum stay of 2 (two) nights is required on week-ends (Friday / Saturday); a minimum stay of 3 (three) nights is required during Peak season ( 14 Dec 2018 - 1 Jan 2019)
- Bookings for one night on Fridays or Saturdays are only permitted no more than 5 days before the day
- Children of all ages are welcome at Rhulani Safari Lodge.
- Children under 12 are permitted on safari at the sole discretion of the field guide.
- Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on safari, except if on a private vehicle.
- Even on private vehicle safety needs to be considered and it remains the ranger’s decision whether certain sightings can be viewed whilst accompanied by small children.
- A bumble drive can be organized for smaller children not joining game drives.
- Rhulani offers a complimentary children’ s kit. There is a kiddie’s corner equipped with toys and DVD’s. We offer a children’s menu option.
- Babysitting service is available at an extra cost.
Check-in & check-out timesCheck-in time is 2.00 pm (gate closes at 9.00pm, no exceptions)
Check-out time is 11.00 am (gate opens at 6.00am – no exceptions)
We try as much as possible to adapt the day's program to your individual arrival and departure times. However, at high occupancy we must adhere to our strict times in the interest of all guests. Check-out times are binding. For late arrivals to participate in the afternoon game drive is no longer possible.
Game DrivesOur game drives take place in the Madikwe Game Reserve (Big 5 Reserve) under the guidance of qualified rangers in three open landcruisers. The allocation of the guests to the vehicles is under the responsibility of the Ranger. We consider the customer wishes as much as possible, in order to ensure that groups and families stay together, and that there will be sufficient space on each vehicle. The maximum number of guests on a vehicle is 7 (seven), so that the middle seat will be left free, for the comfort of the guests. In order to respond to exceptional situations such as unexpected unavailability of a vehicle or the wish of bigger groups or families staying together, we maintain the right of using the maximum capacity of 10 (ten) guests per vehicle.
- Morning game drive departs from reception between 5.00am (January) and 6.30am (July).
- Afternoon game drive departs after High Tea between 3.00pm (July) and 4.30pm (January).
Payment Terms & Conditions
- A 50% deposit of the above total amount is required to confirm any reservation. Full payment of the balance is due 30 days prior to arrival. Bookings within 30 days require full payment upfront.
The following cancellation terms and conditions will apply to reservations which are cancelled in part or in full as follows:
- Only written cancellations are accepted
- Cancellation up to 30 days prior to arrival: 25% of the total amount will be due
- Cancellation between 29 and 15 days prior to arrival: 50% of the total amount will be due
- Cancellation between 14 and 0 days prior to arrival: 100% of the total amount will be due
- Refunds are subject to a 10% administration fee.
Departure Prior to Check Out DateGuests checking out prior to the scheduled departure date are not entitled to receive a refund for the nights not used. Exceptions can be made in case that Rhulani Safari Lodge fails to provide promised essential services, such as non-availability of confirmed room category, impossibility to conduct the scheduled game drives or cancellation of meals. The following circumstances are not considered as failure to provide essential services: Bad weather conditions, rescheduled game drives because of weather, unstable or unavailable guest internet, quality of food, dissatisfaction with room infrastructure or cleanliness, or quality of game viewing.
- No pets allowed
- All firearms need to be declared at the Main Gate
- Gates open at 6.00am and close at 6.00pm
- It is important to drive carefully and be aware of village pedestrians, domestic animals and children.
- Speed limit in the park is 40km per hour
Succumb to the peace and tranquility of this spectacular setting. Enjoy the total privacy of your own private plunge pool while you relax in the spacious luxury of your private chalet. The 7 chalets are air-conditioned for warm summer evenings and have a Morso fireplace for the cool winter nights. All rooms are fully equipped with coffee and tea stations and a fully stocked bar fridge. The en-suite bathrooms have an oval bath, twin basins; both in and outdoor showers.
The 2 bedroom luxury family suite has 2 en-suite bedrooms, with outdoor showers, all the rooms lead on to the private deck with plunge pool. The bedrooms have air-conditioning and Morso fireplaces. The extra-large bedrooms can accommodate 2 comfortable stretcher beds for children or the lounge can be converted into 2 single beds. Massage treatments in the privacy of your room or on your private deck. Wireless internet connection free of charge is available in each chalet.
Water cascades gently into the meandering rock pool around which you will find ample sun or shade provided by beautiful old Marula trees, an ideal spot for quiet contemplation. Indoors and outdoors merge effortlessly at Rhulani, ensuring you magnificent views of the bush.
Sit and meditate awhile; your comfort is assured as you relax surrounded by earthy rich African colour and our warm hospitality. During the day you can go on short walks with the ranger after breakfast, or lounge in the double hammocks around the swimming pool sipping your favourite drink. Alternatively, laze away the day in our spacious bush bar and deck overlooking the riverbed and watering hole. For exclusive tranquillity there is a tree house about 2.5 kms from the camp overlooking a dam, where we can leave you for an hour or two with blankets and big comfortable pillows as well as a cooler box with drinks.
In the evening you will be treated to pre dinner drinks in the traditional boma around the fire, followed by one of Umlani's award winning meals in the candle lit dining room, or out in the open riverbed surrounded by flares and cauldron fires.
Our beautiful conference centre, which accommodates up to 30 delegates around our unique leadwood conference table. Conferences can be organised from a to z through our reservations to suite your itinerary. We have nine rooms available at Rhulani however overflow can be arranged at our neighbouring 5 star lodge.
We recommend exclusivity for conferencing. 9 rooms available. Indoor / outdoor. Formal / informal. Standard equipment and Data projector available. 9 luxury suites available Inhouse conference organisation team available to help you.
The suggested route from Johannesburg is via Krugersdorp, Magaliesburg, Derby, Koster, Swartruggens and Zeerust.
- From Johannesburg head north west on R24 to Magaliesburg
- Once in Magaliesburg, follow Route 509 to Derby, Koster and Swartruggens
- From Swartruggens follow the N4 “Toll Road” to Zeerust
- Once in Zeerust, turn right at Gabarone/Madikwe signs on Route R49.
- Pass the Abjaterskop Gate (first entrance to Madikwe), 7Kms before the Wonderboom gate
- Enter Madikwe Game Reserve at the Wonderboom gate, 97Km north of Zeerust